Here We Go!!!
Let me start by saying this: I am not a goal-setter.
Not traditionally, anyhow. I sort of make goals in my mind, but then don’t write them down, don’t tell them to anyone and so have zero accountability for actually keeping them.
And then I go through the agonizing process of guilt, sort of goal set, rinse and repeat. Frustrating.
So, here we go. It’s the start of a new dance season and I’d REALLY like to take on some new challenges-hit some goals-that I’ve wanted to do for some time. For me, this time of year actually holds more meaning than New Years ever did. Probably because I’ve always loved the start of a new academic year AND adore Fall, so to me, this timing feels right.
And I’m sharing my goals here with you. It’s my way of keeping myself accountable! Feel free to call me out on these too, Friends!
Here it goes...my goals for the 2019/2020 Dance Season:
1) Read at least three Ballet-related non-fiction books from cover To cover;
2) Become certified in one extra ballet-related field of my choosing (not one I have to do for work);
3) Be able to do 16 push-ups and a 7 minute plank routine by May;
4) Take one dance class just for me; and,
5) Become more involved in my dance community by attending events and performances outside of my job-related events.
So so those are my Ballet Goals for this Season. I have other TeaCher, Employee and Family goals in mind too, but these are my personal dance goals this season. It’s kind of exciting to write them all out, actually!
And how about you? What are your goals this season? I’m excited to hear all about them if you want to share!
Let‘s go get this Season, Friends!